0.30.0 Migration Guide¶
Important: Due to the removal of
DOKKU_SCALE support, users with a version older than 0.25.x are heavily encouraged to upgrade to 0.29.x prior to 0.30.x. Not doing so will result in all app containers stopping on rebuild due to having no scale settings.
- Support for Ubuntu 18.04 has been deprecated. Please upgrade your host OS in advance of the End Of Life in April 2023.
app.jsonfile is now extracted from the source code instead of the built image. For deploys via
git:from-image, the file is extracted from the built image.
- Support for SPDY has been removed. No major browser supports it as of 2021. Custom
nginx.conf.sigiltemplates referencing spdy-related variables will continue to build until the 1.0.0 release.
- Support for the
DOKKU_SCALEfile - deprecated in 0.25.0 - has been removed in favor of the
formationkey in the
app.jsonfile. Please see the process management documentation for more information on how to use the
formationkey of the
- The deprecated
--detachglobal flag for
dokku runwas removed. Please see the one-off tasks documentation for more information on running detached containers.
- The following deprecated trigger have been removed in favor of the
post-release-buildertrigger. See the plugin triggers documentation for more details.
- The ability to call
logs:failedwithout specifying an app or
--allflag has been removed. This was deprecated in 0.22.0. Please see the logs:failed.
- The following app shell functions - deprecated since 0.20.0 - have been removed in favor of their plugin trigger equivalents. Sourcing the
app/functionsfile will fail going forward.
apps#apps_create()is removed in favor of
plugn trigger app-create.
apps#apps_destroy()is removed in favor of
plugn trigger app-destroy.
apps#apps_exists()is removed in favor of
plugn trigger app-exists.
apps#apps_maybe_create()is removed in favor of
plugn trigger app-maybe-create.
- The following common shell functions have been removed:
common#is_container_running()(deprecated since 0.12.6) is removed in favor of
common#is_app_running()(deprecated since 0.22.0) is removed in favor of
- The global
--rmflags - deprecated since 0.25.0 - have been removed.
- The following git shell functions have been removed:
git#use_git_worktree()(deprecated since 0.23.7) has been removed. There is no alternative as the function has been made internal.
git#git_deploy_branch()(deprecated since 0.21.0) has been removed in favor of
plugn trigger git-deploy-branch.
- The following nginx commands - deprecated since 0.20.0 - have been removed:
nginx:show-confhas been removed in favor of
nginx:validatehas been removed in favor of
nginx:build-config- deprecated since 0.21.0 - has been removed in favor of
- The following proxy functions - deprecated since 0.20.0 - have been removed in favor of their plugin trigger equivalents. Sourcing the
proxy/functionsfile will fail going forward.
proxy#is_app_proxy_enabled()is removed in favor of
plugn trigger proxy-is-enabled.
proxy#get_app_proxy_type()is removed in favor of
plugn trigger proxy-type.