Docker Installation Notes
Pull the dokku/dokku image:
Next, run the image.
Dokku is run with the following options:
- The global hostname is set to
- The container name is dokku.
- Container SSH port 22 is exposed on the host as 3022.
- Container HTTP port 80 is exposed on the host as 8080.
- Container HTTPS port 443 is exposed on the host as 8443.
- Data within the container is stored on the host within the
- The docker socket is mounted into container
Application repositories, plugin config, and plugin data is persisted to disk within the specified host directory for
To install custom plugins, create a
plugin-list file in the host's
/var/lib/dokku directory. The plugins listed herein will be automatically installed by Dokku on container boot. This file should be the following format:
An example for installing the postgres and redis plugins follows:
To initialize ssh-keys within the container, use
docker exec to enter the container and run the appropriate ssh-keys commands.
Please see the user management documentation for more information.